Biometrics” is derived from the Greek words ‘bios’ and ‘metric which means “life measurement” in other way , Biometry = Bio(life) + Metry(to measure).
Biometrics is the science and technology of measuring and analyzing biological data that analyze human body characteristics such as DNA, fingerprints, eye retinas and irises, voice patterns, facial patterns and hand measurements for authentication purposes.
Need of security and safety have to adopt Bio-metrics Solution? Bio metric applications are being used for various types of biometric authenticating person’s identity. With the use of various features including fingerprints, face, signature, and iris, a person is identified.
Ashtopus technologies introduce IP Video Surveillance and RFID technology that help to protect your business and being able to view what is going on at your business from home, a Bio-metric Technology offer complete package of security that integrates on mobile device, time attendance device , or archived recordings of incidents it also helps deterrent for crime and bad behavior
There are many types of Biometric components to keep your devices safe is the best way to ensure that people stay out of your valuable possessions and information used these security devices keep things safe:
- Biometric Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor
- Facial Biometrics
- Retina Scanner
- Iris scanning and retinal scanning
- Voice Recognition Software
- Biometric DDA Tablets
- Time Attendance Biometric Device
- Biometric Access Control System
Bio-Metric Characteristics Divide in Two Main Classes:
Human Physiological is related to the shape of the body. Examples include, but are not limited to fingerprint, face recognition, DNA, Palm print, hand geometry, iris recognition, which has largely replaced retina, and odour/scent.
- Fingerprint – Bio Metric Integration device analyzing fingertip patterns.
- Facial Recognition – Bio Enable Component measuring facial characteristics.
- Hand Geometry – Biometric security measuring the shape of the hand.
- Iris Scan – Read and analyzing features of colored ring of the eye.
Human Behavioral is related to the behavior of a person. Examples include, but are not limited to typing rhythm, gait, and voice. A Biometric voice identification system Recognition Voice or speaker recognition uses vocal characteristics to identify individuals using a pass-phrase.
- Speaker Recognition – Biometric Security System analyzing vocal behavior.
- Signature – That analyzing signature dynamics way.
- Keystroke – Biometric Technique measuring the time spacing of typed words.
Future & Scope
A biometric system can provide two functions. One of which is verification and the other is Authentication. In the near future, these biometric techniques can be the solution for the current threats in the world of information security .Bio-metric authentication can offer a high degree of security; they are far from perfect security solution.
Tagged: • Biometric Access Control System, • Biometric Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor, biometric fingerprint, biometric technology solutions, biometric technology today 15, Facial Biometrics, fingerprint recognition system, fingerprint scanner software, IP Video Surveillance, radio frequency identification, rfid technology works, types of biometric technology